OVERCOMING FEAR // by Anabelle Smith ✨ January 15, 2021
TIME TO RESET & REFOCUS // new year, new goals, new adventures! 💫🍃 January 08, 2021
Motivational Monday // Olivia Eaton
A Surf life saver/athletics sprinting athlete who has recently moved from New Plymouth, (New Zealand) to the Gold Coast for training. I work at Jolyn Australia and study part time towards aa sport management degree
- If you were stranded on an island and could only bring 3 things, what would they be:
Lipbalm (I’m never without one)
A good book
- What's your favorite beach that you have been to:
Plantation Island, Fiji.
- What beach is on your list to go to:
Whitehaven beach, Aus. The pictures of that place look incredible
- Who is your favorite athlete:
Rodger Federer. I think tennis is one of the hardest sports to play. To have the physical endurance, power, fast twitch fibres and mental strength to play for several hours at a time is super impressive.
Rodger has been a consistent stand out for so many years and plays with such class and respect for his opposition. He inspires me to be a better athlete
- What are 3 things on your bucket list:
Hot air ballooning
Go to New York
Watch an Australian Open Final with my family in Melbourne
- What's your favorite JOLYN color:
Wake print! It’s stunning, so far I have the tomcat top and brazil bottoms in it….just can’t get enough
- What's your favorite JOLYN style and why:
For racing I love being in a vent or tomcat top because it looks unique and for everyday wear I love the triangle top. I just find the tie back tops so comfortable and love that you can adjust them.
For the bottoms I love the Brazil cut the best. I think it's personally the most flattering style on me and doesn't ride up when I race. Perfect for both sunbathing and racing
-What motivates you:
Seeing other people/friends/training partners work hard and reap the rewards and wanting to achieve that as well in my own specific way
- What activities do you do in JOLYN:
Swimming, running/racing, dancing in the shower
- What's the most inspiring race you've ever seen:
Ella Nelson’s 200m final in Canberra 2016. Ella ran a pb that day which was also an Olympic qualifier for Rio 2016. It showed that through hard work and commitment, someone with a very similar background to me achieved a goal that I one day hope to also reach. The race gave me a lot of inspiration and motivates me at times during hard sessions
- What would you spend your last $10 on:
Two large flat whites
- What is your signature dish in the kitchen:
Garlic/basil prawn pasta
- What is your favorite workout or gym exercise:
Anything that works my core. I find that it really helps with my posture when I run. My all time favourite core exercise is Mountain Climbers, I just love the burn.
- What is your favorite holiday destination:
Plantation Island, Fiji. My family and I used to holiday there when I was younger so I have some really good memories there.
- What is your most embarrassing moment you're willing to admit:
I fell off a treadmill at my old gym that was packed with people. Its safe to say I haven’t been on a treadmill since